Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Best Good Friends



I bet you didn't know that these are the real Ya-Ya Sisters? Friends since kindergarten through thick and thin. We've been through it all together. Some of us friends even before kindergarten. How is it that we've remained "besties" throughout our lives? I have no idea! Everyone has those that they feel close to regardless of time lapsed between visits or miles between them. I have about 10 of those friends. In June, we all found time in our busy schedules to celebrate Tashena, a.k.a. "T". She is expecting a mystery baby (the sex will be a surprise) in August and I was thrilled to be able to help T welcome "Mystery Baby" with her closest family and friends. Although we are miles apart, from Lexington, KY to New York, NY, we remain "besties". Within our sisterhood there is a Doctor, not one but two Pharmacists, a High School Teacher, a Graphic Designer, the Government Extraordinaire (that's me), and T; the triple major, world traveler, and future lawyer, just to name a few. We are talented, we are smart, perhaps a little competitive growing up, we are beautiful, we are there for each other, and we will grow old together. Here's to you T, Jason, and Mystery Baby!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so cool that you all stay such close friends. I wish I had that!

Donovan said...

Good friends are such a blessing. I'm happy for you!

Jack