Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bottles and Cans & Devil Ray Fans

In mid-October, I was sent to Tampa, FL to attend a Solid Waste & Recycling Summit, exciting I know. But these are the thrills and the kind of issues that I deal with when working for local governments: 33 Mayors and 17 County Judge-Executives precisely. Mom tagged along for the week and while in Tampa, we had the opportunity to spend time with long-lost cousins we had never met and visited my long-lost childhood friend Ashley. Ashley and I have known each other since birth; I litterally greeted her on the day she was born on my way out of the hospital as a newborn. It just so happened that during the Summit, games 1 and 2 of the World Series were being played at "The Trop", Tropicana Field, and the actual trophy was on display at Tampa City Hall. Too bad the Rays lost because I spent a fortune on Christmas gifts at the Tampa Bay Rays Official MLB store. And no I'm not revealing any soon-to-be Christmas gifts because Woody charmed me into giving his early. What can I say? I give in easily when hiding something. Ask my friends; I laugh hysterically when I am lying. Here are a few pics from our fabulous trip.
Clearwater Beach


Childhood peeps at Longboat Key


Longboat Key


Mom with 2008 World Series trophy


Tampa City Hall

1 comment:

Donovan said...

Longboat Key is in my neck of the woods... I lived in Sarasota!