Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I love Morehead!


Well, here I created a blog, told everyone about it, and failed to post anything for two weeks.


For starters, I love Morehead. I cherish every moment I spend in Morehead b/c it is home. I never wanted to leave but job opportunities keep us tied down in Lexington. It is nice to be able to visit just about any retailer I want and most times during a lunch break, but this is the only advantage to living in Lexington. But I will admit, we have alot of friends in Lexington and found a great church, NorthEast Christian Church. Okay, now those are really the only good things. And no, its not the restaurant varieties that makes Lexington special. What I crave is Morehead Wendy's, the freshest, fastest drive-through in the world! I crave La Finca, Melini's, and Pasquale's! Yeah, sure we have our favorite restaurants in Lexington but we are repeat customers there as well. I guess I grew up with limited menu options and that is what I long for. I know what I like and I don't really care for trying anything new.


I love our house in Lexington we bought from the stripper, an entirely different story, and it is one of the most private lots in the suburbs. Our house is only surrounded by two other houses instead of five or six looking through your every window and down on your backyard, if you call what we have a back yard. Our house is plenty for the two of us but not suitable for a family. I guess it doesn't help that Greg and I were both raised on 15 or so acres... I just want a little privacy, some acreage, a pond, and maybe a few head of cattle, for aesthetic and mowing purposes, not for beef of course. Hmmm...maybe a filet or two wouldn't hurt.


I miss walking into the Morehead Wal-Mart and not meeting a stranger. I miss being able to drive to Cave Run and hop on a boat in a moment's notice with friends. I miss the hills, the trees, going 4-wheeling, and driving past the places everyday I've made memories throughout my entire life. I am a different person when I'm in Morehead and I thank God Woody appreciates the place almost as much as I do. It is a true southern community I hope my children grow to love. It is the Muskie Capital of the South. It is the Hardwood Capital of the World. Someday I will call it home again and someday I will breathe my last breath at home in Morehead.

No comments: